Region profile: South West
Your one-stop shop for breathtaking scenery, quirky wildlife encounters and fulfilling experiences
The South West region is your one-stop shop for breathtaking scenery, quirky wildlife encounters and fulfilling experiences. You can enjoy natural beaches, beautiful vineyards, forests, caves and more.
There is plenty to do in the South West. Here are our top five recommendations:
1. With a total of 24 national parks, there is no lack of nature to explore.
2. The South West is home to many of WA’s famous wineries, the region is gourmet heaven. Make sure you visit the world-renowned wineries, breweries and distilleries, or trawl farmers markets that offer a variety of fresh fruit, vegetables and produce scattered across the region.
3. Head to the coast for a day in the sun and surf or enjoy spectacular diving at one of the pristine beaches.
4. After some entertainment? The Bunbury Regional Entertainment Centre hosts a year-long bill of music, dance, comedy and theatre acts.
5. Experience a deep connection to the land and immerse yourself in Aboriginal culture with one of the many South West cultural tours on offer.
The South West region has a wide array of clinical exposure to the following:
- aged care
- drug and alcohol services
- emergency medicine
- mental health
- palliative care
- primary health
There are many training facilities for you to choose between in the South West region, ranging from GP practices, maternity clinics, skin care clinics, to the local hospital. You’ll be well-supported by one or more of the passionate supervisors in the regions, as well as other registrars living and working in the region’s major towns. You will also have regular contact with your regional medical educator and program training advisor.
To receive more information about the South West region, please don’t hesitate to contact us on 08 9473 8200 or email us at email@example.com.