Region profile: Goldfields/Esperance
The Goldfields/Esperance region is a combination of golden outback, wildflower country and squeaky-clean white sand.
The Goldfields/Esperance region is a combination of the golden outback, built on the hopes and dreams of gold rush fortune seekers, wildflower country and squeaky-clean white sand, turquoise waters and untouched islands.
There are many great experiences to be discovered in Goldfields/Esperance. Here’s our top five:
- If historic buildings, character pubs and remnants of more than a century of gold rush history interests you, you will love exploring the ghost town of Gwalia and museum in Leonora.
- The Kalgoorlie-Boulder Racing Cup is one of the biggest races on the WA calendar, attended by thousands of people from across the nation. Held in September and October the Race Round is an unforgettable experience.
- Stand beside Kalgoorlie’s Super Pit and marvel at one of the largest open-cut mines on earth and the biggest gold mine in Australia. It truly must be seen to be believed.
- If seeking waves is more your thing, head down to the coast and hit the surf at West Beach, Fourth Beach or Observatory Beach in Esperance.
- Adventure down one of the many trails and walkways. Whether you’re a hiking enthusiast or casual stroller, Esperance offers a variety of different bush, beach and wetland trail experiences.
As registrar, you’ll have the opportunity to gain exposure to the following clinical skills:
- Aboriginal health
- aged care
- emergency medicine
- occupational health
- chronic disease
- skin check
- women’s and men’s health
- palliative care.
To receive more information about the Goldfields/Esperance region, please don’t hesitate to contact us on 08 9473 8200 or email us on firstname.lastname@example.org.