Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander health resource hub
Get access to brand new resources for GPs working with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples.
The National Aboriginal Community Controlled Health Organisation (NACCHO) and the Royal Australian College of General Practitioners (RACGP) have worked together to develop resources for GPs and other health professionals to support culturally responsive primary healthcare for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, wherever they seek care.
A new resource hub has been launched on the RACGP website. It is home to resources that support primary healthcare that is accessible, effective and valued by Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people. The hub includes:
- Good practice tables – building on the five steps towards excellent Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander healthcare and five good practice tables provide activities for all members of the practice team with each activity linked to accreditation
- Quality 715 health check resource – this one-page resource provides an opportunity for practice teams to reflect on what they are doing well and what could be improved to support quality Medicare Benefits Schedule (MBS) item 715 health checks for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people
- National Guide check (unit 561) – this edition of check provides case studies involving Aboriginal patients
- Clinical audit – Identification – this audit aims to identify with the use of existing medical record software
To complement the resource hub, RACGP Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Health has developed a new webinar series titled, ‘I can see clearly now: Good experiences and great health outcomes through effective, culturally safe primary healthcare’. The webinar series is presented by:
- Ms Jacinta McKenzie, Integrated Team Care Supervisor, Indigenous Health Project Officer, Wellness Our Way at Country and Outback Health
- Dr Mary Belfrage, GP and RACGP Fellow
- Ms Ada Parry, RACGP Cultural and Education Advisor.
|NACCHO RACGP Resource Hub webinar||Wednesday, 18 March 2020||7:00 - 8:00pm|
|Case study: Working together to achieve great health outcomes webinar||Wednesday, 6 May 2020||7:00 - 8:00pm|
|Quality 715 health check and follow up webinar||Wednesday, 10 June 2020||7:00 - 8:00pm|