Your ACRRM Application
The ACRRM program is designed to expose registrars to a diverse range of health issues to prepare them for the challenges of rural and remote health care.
In order to apply for the AGPT program with ACRRM, you are required to submit an online application form via the ACRRM website. The process for application for ACRRM includes providing supporting documentation, primary medical degree details, referee details and a statement addressing the selection criteria.
What do I need to include in the online form?
Section A: Personal Details
Applicants are required to provide current personal details including: full name as it appears on supporting documentation, personal information and employment details.
Section B: Eligibility
In order for the college to assess your eligibility for the AGPT program you are required to upload a number of supporting documentation. This includes:
- Citizenship details
- Primary medical qualification; the Country in which it was obtained, University name and final year of medical school
- Other qualifications, including; Postgraduate studies, academic awards, non-medical qualifications, and more (if applicable)
- Australian Medical Council (AMC) details, and
- Medical registration.
Section C: Prior Experience
This section applies to your hospital, general workforce and rural experiences during your medical degree and hospital training. You need to provide exampels of:
- Intern experience in Australia and/or New Zealand
- Hospital experience in Australia and/or New Zealand
- Other work experience
- Rural experience
- Prior learning
Section D: Special Provisions
Section D of the application requires applicants with special provisions to identify their provisions or special conditions. This applies to those who identify as Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander, Australian Defence Force members, joint applicants, and/or member of a state-based rural generalist program.
Section E: Training Preferences
Upon application, you are required to nominate up to four preferred training region preferences. Most training regions offer both general and rural pathways. This is where you specify Western Australia and WAGPET as your training region.
Statement addressing the selection criteria
As part of your ACRRM submission you are required to submit a statement addressing the selection criteria. ACRRM applicants are selected on merit in relation to the following criteria:
- Demonstrated commitment to a career as a general practitioner working in rural or remote Australia
- Demonstrated capacity and motivation to acquire abilities, skills and knowledge in the ACRRM domains of practice
- Demonstrated connection with rural communities
- Demonstrated commitment to meeting the needs of rural and remote communities through an extended scope of practice
- Possession of the personal circumstances associated with a successful career in rural practice.
Before you submit your application, you should consider these criteria and how your interests and experience relate to each criterion. For a more detailed breakdown of the application, visit the ACRRM AGPT page here.
The final element of your AGPT application is your referee report. You are required to provide names and contact details for two medical practitioner referees to you support your application. Referees must have supervised you for four weeks or more in the past three years and not be a relative or a close friend. Referees will be provided with a survey to complete and return to the college. The information provided will be treated confidentially and will not be made available to the applicant under any circumstances.
Once submitted, all applications and supporting documents will be checked by the college to establish eligibility for the AGPT program. Candidates will be notified of their eligibility from the DoH by Tuesday, 2 June 2020.