Everything you need to know about private practice
For many GP registrars, starting out in private practice can be highly challenging. The AMA Starting out in Private Practice workshop will equip you with a range of information and resources to assist you on their private practice journey.
This two-hour workshop will be presented by AMA (WA) Senior Advisor - Industrial, Sandra Thorp and MDA National Risk Advisor, Gae Nuttall.
Topics being covered include:
- medico legal, human resources, business and legal, Medicare and the PBS
- systems and risk management
- common sources of risk - medical care and treatment, practice and systems
- managing common medico-legal risks
- National Terms and Conditions for the Employment of Registrars (NTCER) - what are they and how do they apply to you?
- rates of pay and maximising your earnings
- understanding contracts of employment
- your rights and responsibilities working at a practice
- hours of work
- resolving grievances in the workplace.
Did you know, you can watch the seminar online and in real-time if you are unable to make it in person?
Find out how via our Adobe Connect information pack.
Register through the AMA website.