Autism Training for WA Health Sector
The Autism Association of Western Australia is partnering with the WA Health Sector and has developed training packages and resources to increase Autism awareness within the health sector.
The ultimate aim of this initiative is to improve access to health care and the health outcomes for individuals with Autism, in line with the WA Disability health Framework 2015-2025, and the National Disability Insurance Scheme.
The training package aims to improve awareness of the specific needs of individuals with Autism, their families and carers, amongst the heath workforce. This face-to-face training has been specifically designed for those working in both the medical and dental fields.
- The characteristics of Autism, and the diagnostic criteria.
- How to best support patients with Autism.
- How pain is processed differently in people with Autism.
- Positive behaviour support and managing challenging behaviours in the medical/dental setting.
- Key considerations when discharging in referring a patients with Autism.
- Strategies and resources to use when seeing patients with Autism in an inpatients and outpatient setting.
Please RSVP to this free training via the Autism Association of Western Australia website.
Autism Association of Western Australia
Tel: 9489 8900