Following the impacts of COVID-19, some of our educational activities have been adapted for virtual delivery. External Clinical Teaching visits can still occur in the practice if both the ECT visitor and the practice support this, otherwise, we will set up a webcam video-link to make this happen. Below is instructions for arranging video-link ECT visits and patient consent forms required for the visits.
In conjunction with both colleges, we are considering all innovative, flexible and adaptive ways for practices and supervisors to continue to fulfil their supervision and training requirements. Approval for alternative arrangements is required and we hope to make this process as streamlined as possible. We have created the following forms to help you with these alternative models of teaching and supervision and remote supervision for registrars using telehealth from home:
- Approval of alternative models of teaching and supervision during the COVID-19 outbreak form - If you change your teaching model or add a temporary supervisor, please send this form to WAGPET for approval.
- Approval of remote supervision for GP registrars participating in telehealth from home form - If you have a registrar providing telehealth from home, fill out this form outlining your model of remote supervision and send this form to WAGPET for approval.
ACRRM and RACGP have put together FAQs and policy updates for registrars and supervisors in light of the impact of COVID-19 on GP vocational training. Click the links below to access these documents.
Do you have questions about telehealth consultations? ACRRM and RACGP have created the following resources for you:
- ACRRM Comprehensive Guide to Telehealth
- ACRRM Quick Guide to Telehealth
- ACRRM How to Do a High-Quality Remote Consultation
- RACGP Telehealth Video Consultations Guide
- RACGP Telehealth Practice Resources
WAGPET and AMA WA - Understanding employment rights
ACRRM - Getting started with Telehealth
RACGP WA, Rural Health West and WAPHA - COVID-19 Medicare item numbers and Telehealth consultations
WAGPET - Telehealth
WAGPET - COVID-19 Impacts on ECT visits
WAGPET and GPSA - Innovation through COVID-19 Disruption
WAGPET, AMA WA - GP beyond COVID-19